Why work with a female personal trainer?
Many of my clients, both men and women, have specifically wanted a female personal trainer. I don’t think this is because women are better PT’s than men, there’s just a perception that female personal trainers are less intimidating.
I thought I’d canvass some opinion and see why else people like working with a female trainer.
Here’s some of the feedback I received:
· It’s easier to connect with a woman and consequently feel relaxed and comfortable.
· Women know women – we can understand how hormones impact our moods and energy levels, for example.
· Women are less intimidating and there’s none of the male bravado that can sometimes creep in with a male PT.
· Women more often understand the complex relationship many of us have with food and exercise. They’ve probably had similar challenges themselves.
· Having a female personal trainer means feeling comfortable and safe, particularly if they are coming into your home.
These are all very valid reasons for wanting a female personal trainer.
However, one of the most fundamental things to a great experience is to choose a personal trainer that you connect with. Someone that understands your motivations but also recognises your challenges.
It’s important to find a trainer who has your best interests at heart and will solely focus on you, in the time you’re together. All the technical brilliance can’t make up for a lack of great customer service and it’s fundamental to really put the client at the centre of everything.
I’d love to hear your thoughts, what makes for a great personal trainer? Please share in the comments below.